Conclusions and implications for practice
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Oncology Nursing
- The community care of a patient with a fungating wound.British Journal of Nursing. 2000; 9: S35-S38
- The changing global patterns of female breast cancer incidence and mortality.Breast Cancer Research. 2004; 6: 229-239
- Breast cancer screening and biomarkers.Methods in Molecular Biology. 2009; 472: 307-321
- Management of patients with fungating wounds.Nursing Standard. 2000; 15: 46-52
- Position document: Topical negative pressure in wound management.MEP Ltd, London2007
- Teaching senior nurses how to teach communication skills in oncology.Cancer Nursing. 2001; 24: 185-191
- The management of fungating wounds.Journal of Wound Care. 1999; 8: 232-234
- The palliative management of fungating malignant wounds.Journal of Wound Care. 2000; 9: 4-9
- Care of patients with fungating malignant wounds.Nursing Standard. 2007; 21 (60, 62 passim): 57-58
- The palliative management of fungating malignant wounds – generalising from multiple-case study data using a system of reasoning.International Journal of Nursing Studies. 2001; 38: 533-545
Groves, R.M., Fowler, F.J.J., Couper, M.P., Lepkowski, J.M., Singer, E., Tourangeau, R., 2004. Survey Methodology. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ.
- Malodorous wounds – taking the patient's perspective into account.Journal of Wound Care. 2003; 12: 319-321
- Staging of malignant cutaneous wounds: a pilot study.Oncology Nursing Forum. 1999; 26: 1055-1064
- Malignant cutaneous wounds: a management protocol.Ostomy Wound Management. 1997; 43 (62, 64-56): 56-60
- Managing fungating wounds.Advances in Skin & Wound Care. 2007; 20: 312-314
- Skin involvement as the presenting sign of internal carcinoma. A retrospective study of 7316 cancer patients.Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 1990; 22: 19-26
- Wounds in advanced illness: a prevalence and incidence study based on a prospective case series.International Wound Journal. 2008; 5: 305-314
- Management of skin problems: medical aspects.in: Doyle D. Hanks G. Cherny N. Calman K. Oxford Textbook of Palliative Medicine. third ed. Oxford University Press, Oxford2003
- Skin and wound care.in: Kearney N. Richardson A. Nursing Patients with Cancer Principles and Practice. first ed. Elsevier, Philadelphia2006: 527-558
- Global cancer statistics in the year 2000.The Lancet Oncology. 2001; 2: 533-543
- Malignant wounds: caregiver-determined clinical problems.Journal of Pain and Symptom Management. 2002; 24: 572-577
- Defining the clinical diagnosis of inflammatory breast cancer.Seminars in Oncology. 2008; 35: 7-10
Swiss Association of Cancer Registries, 2007. Statistics of cancer incidence 1986–2002. Swiss Association of Cancer Registries, Geneva, pp. 3.
Swiss Federal Statistical Office, 2008. Krankenhausstatistik 2006 – Standardtabellen. Swiss Federal Statistical Office, Neuchâtel.
- Dermatologic manifestations of internal cancer.CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians. 1986; 36: 130-148
- Pain and wound management.Community Outlook. 1989; : 11-15
Thomas, S., 1992. Current Practices in the Management of Fungating Lesions and Radiotherapy Damaged Skin. The Surgical Materials Testing Laboratory, Bridgend.
- Malignant wound management: what dressings do nurses use?.Journal of Wound Care. 2001; 10: 65-69