- •Safety climate plays a critical role in nurses' safety behaviors.
- •Few know the sub-dimensions of the safety climate related to safety behavior.
- •Managers should allow nurses to share their views on workplace safety.
- •Managers can purchase PPE that can be used easily and comfortably.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Predictors of chemotherapy safe-handling precautions and knowledge among a sample of Jordanian oncology nurses: a model-building approach.Workplace Health & Saf. 2021; 69: 115-123https://doi.org/10.1177/2165079920959991
- Assessing safety climate in acute hospital settings: a systematic review of the adequacy of the psychometric properties of survey measurement tools.BMC Health Serv. Res. 2018; 18https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-018-3167-x
- Hospital safety climate and safety behavior: a social exchange perspective.Health Care Manag. Rev. 2017; 42: 341-351https://doi.org/10.1097/hmr.0000000000000118
- Adherence to safe handling guidelines by health care workers who administer antineoplastic drugs.J. Occup. Environ. Hyg. 2014; 11: 728-740https://doi.org/10.1080/15459624.2014.916809
- Adherence to precautionary guidelines for compounding antineoplastic drugs: A survey of nurses and pharmacy practitioners.J. Occup. Environ. Hyg. 2015; 12: 588-602https://doi.org/10.1080/15459624.2015.1029610
- Factors influencing nurses' use of hazardous drug safe-handling precautions.Oncol. Nurs. Forum. 2016; 43: 342-349https://doi.org/10.1188/16.onf.43-03ap
- Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences.second ed. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Hillsdale1988
- Current evidence of education and safety requirements for the nursing administration of chemotherapy: an integrative review.Eur. J. Oncol. Nurs. 2019; 41: 24-32https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejon.2019.05.001
- Effects of organizational safety practices and perceived safety climate on personal protective equipment usage, engineering controls, and adverse events involving liquid antineoplastic drugs among nurses.J. Occup. Environ. Hyg. 2017; 14: 485-493https://doi.org/10.1080/15459624.2017.1285496
- Evaluating structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error.J. Market. Res. 1981; 18: 39-50
- Hospital safety climate and its relationship with safe work practices and workplace exposure incidents.Am. J. Infect. Control. 2000; 28: 211-221https://doi.org/10.1067/mic.2000.105288
- Occupational exposure to antineoplastic agents an analysis of health care workers and their environments.Workplace Health & Saf. 2017; 65: 9-20https://doi.org/10.1177/2165079916662660
- A Primer on Partial Least Squares Structural Equation Modeling (PLS-SEM).Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA2014
- When to use and how to report the results of PLS-SEM.Eur. Bus. Rev. 2019; 31: 2-24https://doi.org/10.1108/EBR-11-2018-0203
- Personal protective equipment use and hazardous drug spills among ambulatory oncology nurses.Oncol. Nurs. Forum. 2017; 44: 60-65https://doi.org/10.1188/17.Onf.60-65
- Partial least squares path modeling.in: Leeflang P. Wieringa J. Bijmolt T. Pauwels K. Advanced Methods for Modeling Markets. International Series in Quantitative Marketing. Springer, Cham2017: 361-381https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-53469-5_12
- The role of time pressure and different psychological safety climate referents in the prediction of nurses' hand hygiene compliance.Saf. Sci. 2016; 82: 29-43https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssci.2015.08.015
- Factors influencing nurses' use of hazardous drug safe handling precautions.Oncol. Nurs. Forum. 2019; 46: E86-E97https://doi.org/10.1188/19.Onf.E86-e97
- Development and psychometric testing of the safety climate instrument suitable for nurses handling chemotherapy drugs.J. Adv. Nurs. 2022; 78: 1824-1835https://doi.org/10.1111/jan.15257
- Concept analysis of safety climate in healthcare providers.J. Clin. Nurs. 2017; 26: 1737-1747https://doi.org/10.1111/jocn.13641
- Chemotherapy-handling practices of outpatient and office-based oncology nurses.Oncol. Nurs. Forum. 2003; 30: 575-581https://doi.org/10.1188/03.ONF.575-581
- Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Guidelines and Recommendations for Practice.fifth ed. Oncology Nursing Society, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania2019
- Factors influencing oncology nurses' use of hazardous drug safe-handling precautions.Oncol. Nurs. Forum. 2012; 39: E299-E309https://doi.org/10.1188/12.ONF.E299-E309
- Predictors of adherence to safe handling practices for antineoplastic drugs: a survey of hospital nurses.J. Occup. Environ. Hyg. 2016; 13: 203-212https://doi.org/10.1080/15459624.2015.1091963
- Factors influencing precautions against antineoplastic drug exposure among nurses and nurse assistants in Thailand.Int. Arch. Occup. Environ. Health. 2021; 94: 813-822https://doi.org/10.1007/s00420-020-01649-9
- NIOSH health and safety practices survey of healthcare workers: training and awareness of employer safety procedures.Am. J. Ind. Med. 2014; 57: 640-652https://doi.org/10.1002/ajim.22305
- Safety climate in industrial organizations: theoretical and applied implications.J. Appl. Psychol. 1980; 65: 96-102https://doi.org/10.1037//0021-9010.65.1.96