- •Advanced colorectal cancer survivors may feel lost in follow-up.
- •There is confusion about which doctor is responsible for survivorship challenges.
- •Repeated information delivery may help survivors to feel supported and informed.
- •Multidisciplinary care can be beneficial, yet burdensome for survivors.
- •GPs can provide quality care co-ordination following upskilling and training.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Living as a colorectal cancer survivor.([WWW Document]. URL)https://www.cancer.org/cancer/colon-rectal-cancer/after-treatment/living.htmlDate accessed: December 15, 2021
- Peritoneal metastases of colorectal origin treated by cytoreduction and HIPEC: an overview.World J. Gastrointest. Oncol. 2014; 6: 407-412https://doi.org/10.4251/wjgo.v6.i10.407
- Australian Safety and Quality Framework for Health Care.2010
- A systematic review of patient perspectives on surveillance after colorectal cancer treatment.J Cancer Surviv. 2017; 11: 542-552https://doi.org/10.1007/s11764-017-0623-2
- Global cancer statistics 2018: GLOBOCAN estimates of incidence and mortality worldwide for 36 cancers in 185 countries.CA A Cancer J. Clin. 2018; 68: 394-424https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.21492
- Distribution of Cancer Stage.([WWW Document]) National Cancer Control Indicators, 2015 (URL)https://ncci.canceraustralia.gov.au/diagnosis/distribution-cancer-stage/distribution-cancer-stageDate accessed: October 20, 2020
- Model of Survivorship Care: Critical Components of Cancer Survivorship Care in Australia.Clinical Oncology Society of Australia, 2016
- Symptomatic and asymptomatic colon cancer recurrence: a multicenter cohort study.Ann. Fam. Med. 2016; 14: 215-220https://doi.org/10.1370/afm.1919
- Barriers and facilitators to implementing cancer survivorship care plans.Oncol. Nurs. Forum. 2013; 40: 575-580https://doi.org/10.1188/13.ONF.575-580
- 100 Questions (And Answers) about Qualitative Research.Sage, Thousand Oaks2016
- Patient education: colorectal cancer treatment; metastatic cancer (Beyond the Basics.([WWW Document]. UpToDate. URL)https://www.uptodate.com/contents/colorectal-cancer-treatment-metastatic-cancer-beyond-the-basics#H2Date: 2020Date accessed: August 13, 2020
- Juggling cancer and life in survivorship: the role of general practitioners.Aust J Gen Pract. 2021; 50: 520-525https://doi.org/10.31128/AJGP-04-21-5938
- Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century.National Academies Press (US), Washington (DC)2001
- Effects of a cancer survivorship clinic—preliminary results.Support. Care Cancer. 2020; 28: 2381-2388https://doi.org/10.1007/s00520-019-05067-7
- Effect of question prompt lists for cancer patients on communication and mental health outcomes—a systematic review.Patient Educ. Counsel. 2021; 104: 1335-1346https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pec.2021.01.012
- Locally advanced rectal cancer: management challenges.OncoTargets Ther. 2016; 9: 6265-6272https://doi.org/10.2147/OTT.S100806
- A systematic review of the supportive care needs of people living with and beyond cancer of the colon and/or rectum.Eur. J. Oncol. Nurs. 2017; 29: 60-70https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejon.2017.05.004
- Palliative chemotherapy in advanced colorectal cancer patients 80 years of age and older.Curr. Oncol. 2016; 23: 144-153https://doi.org/10.3747/co.23.2996
- Colorectal cancer survivorship: a systematic review and thematic synthesis of qualitative research.Eur. J. Cancer Care. 2021; e13421https://doi.org/10.1111/ecc.13421
- The long haul: lived experiences of survivors following different treatments for advanced colorectal cancer: a qualitative study.Eur. J. Oncol. Nurs. 2022; 58https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejon.2022.102123
- Survivorship for individuals living with advanced and metastatic cancers: national cancer Institute meeting report.J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 2022; 114: 489-495https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/djab223
- Designing funded qualitative research.in: Denzin N.K. Lincoln Y.S. Handbook of Qualitative Research. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA, USA1994: 220-235
- Analysing qualitative data.BMJ. 2000; 320: 114-116https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.320.7227.114
- NVivo Qualitative Data Analysis Software.2012
- Rapid screening for psychologic distress in men with prostate carcinoma.Cancer. 1998; 82: 1904-1908https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0142(19980515)82:10<1904::AID-CNCR13>3.0.CO;2-X
- Colorectal peritoneal metastases: optimal management review.World J. Gastroenterol. 2019; 25: 3484-3502https://doi.org/10.3748/wjg.v25.i27.3484
- Stress effects on memory: an update and integration.Neurosci Biobehav Rev, Memory Formation. 2012; 36: 1740-1749https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neubiorev.2011.07.002
- Experiences of living with advanced colorectal cancer from two perspectives: inside and outside.Eur. J. Oncol. Nurs. 2011; 15: 390-397https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejon.2010.11.004
- Consolidated criteria for reporting qualitative research (COREQ): a 32-item checklist for interviews and focus groups.Int. J. Qual. Health Care. 2007; 19: 349-357https://doi.org/10.1093/intqhc/mzm042
- Grounded Theory for Qualitative Research: A Practical Guide.Sage, Thousand Oaks2013
- Treatment of liver metastases of colorectal cancer.Ann. Oncol. 2005; 16: ii144-ii149https://doi.org/10.1093/annonc/mdi702
- Advanced breast cancer clinical nursing curriculum: review and recommendations.Clin. Transl. Oncol. 2017; 19: 251-260https://doi.org/10.1007/s12094-016-1530-0
- A question prompt list for patients with advanced cancer in the final year of life: development and cross-cultural evaluation.Palliat. Med. 2013; 27: 779-788https://doi.org/10.1177/0269216313483659
- Reliability and validity of the functional assessment of cancer therapy-colorectal (FACT-C) quality of life instrument.Qual. Life Res. 1999; 8: 181-195https://doi.org/10.1023/a:1008821826499